The holiday season typically kicks off with Thanksgiving. It is known as the most charitable time of the year, with more people opening their hearts (and their wallets) for their favorite non-profit organizations. The most charitable day is the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, known as Giving Tuesday. If you are looking to make a positive impact, and you have been touched by adoption in some way, you may want to consider donating to a non-profit adoption agency.
When it comes to charitable giving, many people consider the holidays to be the perfect time for making donations. We often think of non-profit organizations such as food banks, shelters, clothing drives, and even toy drives. You can also donate to an adoption agency throughout the holidays, as well. If you are considering how to support a non-profit adoption agency this Giving Tuesday, read on. In this short guide, we will share ideas to help you feel warm and fuzzy all over during the most giving time of year.
What is a non-profit adoption agency?
A non-profit adoption agency focuses on the mission and work of adoption. These professionals are dedicated to uniting adoptive families with their children and assisting birth parents through a difficult time in their lives. Adoption is an emotional, life-changing experience. For expectant/birth parents, the decision to place a baby for adoption is never easy. A full-service, non-profit adoption agency like Adoptions With Love understands how stressful an unplanned pregnancy can be. We offer counseling services, financial assistance, and legal support throughout the entire adoption journey – all at no cost to the birth mother.
A non-profit adoption agency – just like any other non-profit organization – does not take in any profits as an organization. Sure, the staff are paid their salaries, but there is no profit for the agency at the end of the year. A non-profit adoption agency puts its funds toward operation costs, adoption, and supportive services for birth parents making their adoption plan.
Why donate to a non-profit adoption agency on Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a time to give back to the charities that mean the most to you. Anyone who has lost someone to Alzheimer’s may choose to donate to organizations dedicated to the disease. Animal lovers often donate to local animal shelters. If you have been touched by adoption, then this is a cause that is near and dear to your heart. Whether you are an adoptive, birth parent, or adopted as a child, you know it is a meaningful part of your life. You understand the importance of adoption and the charitable contributions needed to run a non-profit adoption agency.
How to support adoption this Giving Tuesday
Adoption is a complex process. There is a lot that goes into every adoption plan – legal support, medical care, home studies – and many people who are involved. “It takes a village” to make an adoption happen: Birth parents, adoptive families, a non-profit adoption agency, counselors, attorneys, and medical professionals. With so many aspects, there are several areas in the non-profit adoption agency world that you could consider. Every piece is an important part of the adoption puzzle, but it is up to you where your funds go. You can choose which party or piece of adoption you would like to support during the holidays.
There are many organizations doing important work. There are too many to list. Here are some ideas to help you when considering how to donate to adoption experiences this holiday season.
Supporting Birth Mothers:
- BirthMothers Bridge Ministries: This non-profit organization is dedicated to supporting birth mothers and honoring their decision to place their children for adoption. They offer networking opportunities and events with other birth mothers.
- BraveLove: This is another non-profit that is all about supporting birth mothers after adoption placement. They offer resources and connection opportunities for those who have lovingly made adoption plans for their babies. They can also connect expectant mothers with adoption agencies that can help them design an adoption plan.
- Adoptions With Love: Adoptions With Love (adoptionswithlove.org) is a full-service non-profit adoption agency that supports all expectant/birth mothers and the decisions they make regarding their pregnancy. Adoptions With Love offers comprehensive, supportive services for every step of the adoption process – all at no cost to the expectant/birth mother.
Supporting Adoptive Families:
- AdoptTogether: This non-profit describes itself as a “crowdfunding platform that bridges the gap between families who want to adopt and the children who need loving homes.” If you have adopted a child and want to give back, this type of organization may be the perfect place to pay it forward.
- GoFundMe or a direct donation: If you know someone in your community who is trying to adopt a child, consider a GoFundMe donation or giving the family a financial gift directly.
- Adoptions With Love: Adoptions With Love (adoptionswithlove.org) maintains strong relationships with our families over the years. Donations can help subsidize adoptions for families who will provide safe and loving homes.
These are just a few ideas for how you can support adoption on this Giving Tuesday. Whether you are part of an adoptive family or have lovingly placed your child for adoption, you may want to spread the cheer and give the gift of adoption this holiday season. There are families, birth moms, and children who can benefit from your generosity. We hope you have a happy and safe holiday season surrounded by loved ones.
Learn more about Adoptions With Love and how the non-profit adoption agency is helping birth mothers and adoptive families every day. Call 800-722-7731 any time or contact us online.
If you’d like to generously leave a donation, you may do so here: