If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and living in New Hampshire, you may be thinking about adoption. This is a positive choice that you can make. However, it is a decision that only you can make. No one can pressure you into this decision. As you consider this option, you may be curious about the cost of adoption in NH.
The news of an unplanned pregnancy can come as a shock. It is something that can turn your world upside down. Once you have had time to absorb the news, you can start to consider your options. In New Hampshire, you can choose between the following:
Parenthood can be a rewarding experience, but it is one that requires a serious commitment, a total change of lifestyle, and a considerable financial investment. The average cost of raising a child from birth to age 18 is $310,605, or about $17,000 per year, according to data from the U.S. Agriculture Department. These figures are driven by the high costs of childcare today, which can outweigh the costs of college. Food and education are also factors that add to the high cost of raising a child in America today.
If you are facing financial hardship, or your homelife is unstable, you may not be able to take on parenthood. There are government assistance programs and other resources that you can apply for, but parenting while struggling with finances is a challenge. You may find that raising a growing family is too much. If you are not in the position to parent, you still have options. Adoption is not an alternative to abortion. These are two vastly different paths. You may be considering abortion if you cannot – or do not wish to – continue with the pregnancy. You can read more about the differences here.
If you are still considering adoption, then you will want to know about the cost of adoption in New Hampshire. Read on, as we break down what to expect on the journey ahead.
Adoption is Still an Option
Adoption is a positive, loving choice to make for your child. It is not the right path for everyone, but it can offer many benefits for the birth mother and her child. Making the decision to “give your baby up for adoption in New Hampshire” is not “giving up.” This term is dated and is no longer used by those in the adoption community. We now say that you are making an adoption plan, because that is exactly what you are doing. You are lovingly planning a bright future for your child, full of love and opportunity. By choosing a New Hampshire adoption agency, you are ensuring that your child is placed in a safe, stable, and healthy home.
To address the big question at hand – What is the cost of adoption in NH? – the answer is: nothing. You can, in fact, receive financial assistance during this difficult time in your life.
As you prepare for your child’s adoption, you will want to focus on your physical, mental, and emotional health. Facing this unplanned pregnancy as you struggle financially will only add stress to your life. A compassionate New Hampshire adoption agency, like Adoptions With Love, understands this. We understand that you need care and support.
The best adoption agencies in New Hampshire can offer you the supportive services you deserve. Adoptions With Love offers expectant/birth mothers who choose adoption the following free services:
- We can cover a deposit on an apartment or house and several months of rent.
- Other living expenses, such as utilities, phone bills, transportation, groceries, and maternity clothes, as needed.
- Medical coverage. We can help you find a doctor or midwife with whom you feel comfortable and cover any uninsured medical expenses related to the pregnancy or birth.
- Adoption planning services. We can help you custom design a plan that meets your needs. You can choose between an open, semi-open, or closed adoption. Whatever adoption plan you choose, your decisions will be respected. If you choose a closed adoption, you can choose to open it later.
- Legal services. Our adoption attorney team in New Hampshire is specifically trained for handling adoptions in New Hampshire. These professionals ensure your adoption is handled safely and legally. They can also answer any questions you may have throughout the process.
- Comprehensive counseling. Adoption is a lifelong journey. Our experienced adoption counselors can help you navigate your emotions before and after the adoption is complete.
Pregnancy, childbirth, and parenthood come with major price tags. The hospital bill alone can be tens of thousands of dollars. The stress can be overwhelming. If you think adoption might be the right path for you, then you can get all the support you need. Thanks to the services offered by New Hampshire adoption agencies, the cost of adoption in NH does not have to be a factor in your mind.
Whether you are in your first, second, or third trimester, or have already given birth, it is never too late to make an adoption plan in New Hampshire. Contact Adoptions With Love 24/7 at 1-800-722-7731, text us confidentially at 617-777-0072, or contact us online. We can support you and guide you through every step of the New Hampshire adoption journey.