There are many types of adoption agencies out there today—private and foster care agencies, local and national agencies, domestic and international agencies, as well as non-profit and for-profit agencies. Each type of adoption agency will offer a range of different services for hopeful families and expectant/birth mothers considering adoption.
If you are interested in adopting an infant domestically or wish to place your baby for adoption, you will want to find a private adoption agency in your area. A private adoption agency works directly with expectant/birth parents within the United States, who are making an adoption plan and seeking a loving family to adopt their baby. Private adoption agencies support all members of the adoption triad: the birth parents, adoptive parents, and the child.
Some private adoption agencies are also full-service adoption agencies. A full-service adoption agency essentially means that all the services needed to complete your adoption – from counseling to legal advice – are offered there, often at one, flat fee. Some private agencies, however, offer an ad-hoc pricing model, in which adoptive families must pay for the services separately, depending on what is needed. It is important to ask what structure an adoption agency follows before signing on with an agency.
For adoptive families just starting out in the adoption process, and for expectant/birth mothers considering adoption, a full-service adoption agency is always recommended. This will ensure that everything you need to fulfill your adoption plan is within your reach. By working with a full-service adoption agency, you will be assigned one counselor who will guide you through the entire adoption process from start to finish. You will not need to worry about going elsewhere to find an attorney to legalize the adoption, or a licensed social worker to complete your home study. Full-service adoptions mean comprehensive services at every stage of the process.
Adoptions With Love is a licensed, private, non-profit, full-service adoption agency. We work with expectant/birth parents across the United States, and with adoptive families residing in Massachusetts. If you are interested in learning about our full-service offerings, keep reading.
What is a Full-Service Adoption for Adoptive Families?
If you are a prospective parent, a full-service adoption means that you will be provided all the necessary services to adopt a baby, from the day that you apply until the adoption finalization.
At Adoptions With Love, our full range of services for adoptive parents include:
- Complete home study, which is required in Massachusetts
- Assistance creating an adoptive family profile and video
- Comprehensive advertising
- Expert matching with expectant/birth parents
- Pre-adoptive educational group to prepare for baby’s arrival
- ICPC and adoption finalization services
- Ongoing post-placement services, such as counseling for you and your child
- Our active Search and Reunion, as well as Letter and Picture programs
- Financial protection – we will not stop working until you have your baby
What is a Full-Service Adoption for Birth Parents?
If you are an expectant/birth mother, a full-service adoption agency can offer complete assistance in making an adoption plan, at no cost to you. This includes both prenatal and postpartum services, as well as help with finding and contacting a family.
At Adoptions With Love, expectant/birth parents choosing adoption will be provided the following free services:
- 24/7 counseling services before, during, and after the adoption
- Education about all of your options in unplanned pregnancy, and what to expect
- Financial assistance, which includes several months of rent, utility bills, food, maternity clothing, and other necessities
- Help finding quality medical care, and coverage of any uninsured medical costs associated with pregnancy
- Legal representation, to ensure your rights as a birth mother are protected, and that your adoption is made official
- Assistance with terminating the biological father’s rights (we can also contact him without you being there, if you are not in touch or feel at all unsafe)
- Complete screening services, to ensure your baby is placed in a safe and stable home
- Expert matching with adoptive families, who meet your needs and have been screened and approved to adopt
- Personalized adoption plans, with both open and closed adoption arrangements available
- Access to letters and pictures from the adoptive family, if you wish to see how your child is growing at any point down the road
- Meetings and communication between the adoptive and birth family
We Are Here for You
Whether you are a hopeful adoptive family or an expectant/birth mother considering adoption, Adoptions With Love extends our services to you. If you would like to learn more about what is involved (and which services are included) in our adoption program, please do not hesitate to reach out. Call us toll-free at 800-722-7731 or contact us online.