Adoption is a life-changing experience. Whether you are an expectant/birth mother or you are planning on adopting a child, you may be looking for an experienced adoption agency to assist you. As you begin your search, you may be curious about adoption fees and if there are any free adoption services available to you. If you are thinking about adoption – no matter which side of the journey – you will want to learn more about your options. You will also want to know if the concept of a “free adoption agency” is real.
For birth mothers, adoption is a difficult decision that is not reached easily . It means carrying a child to term, experiencing labor and birth, and recovering from a momentous event – both physically and emotionally. It is also a decision that comes from unconditional and absolute love. A birth mother’s decision to place her child for adoption is one that is selfless, brave and thoughtful. In creating an adoption plan for your child, you are taking the steps to ensure your child has a better life than the one you may be able to provide at this time.
For adoptive parents, adoption is also a big decision. It is one that is often reached out of a pure longing to raise and love a child. Many adoptive parents spend years trying to conceive a child and dreaming of the day they will be able to hold their child in their arms. For others, adoption is a decision made after years of focusing on a career or other personal issues.. No matter how you slice it, adoption means one thing: Growing a family from love, not DNA.
Whether you are an expectant/birth mother or a hopeful adoptive parent, you are still wondering about the fees and services. Read on, as we break down what to know about free adoption services and answer your question: Is there a free adoption agency out there for me?
A Free Adoption Agency for Expectant/Birth Mothers
The decision to place your child for adoption is a difficult and complex one, not just for the physical and emotional impact. You may be struggling financially, as well. If you are struggling, the notion of carrying a baby to term can feel overwhelming. How will you support yourself during the pregnancy, if you are unable to work? How can you afford maternity clothes? Where can you find affordable health care to cover doctor’s visits and the trip to the hospital? There is a way to get everything you need – and get the financial support you deserve.
When it comes to adoption services, there are never any fees for expectant/birth mothers. In fact, at Adoptions With Love, we offer financial assistance as needed. There is a wide array of services that are offered – free of charge – to expectant/birth mothers, including:
- Financial assistance with utilities, phone, maternity clothing and other necessities, as needed.
- Designing your adoption plan. We understand that each person has different needs. We offer you the opportunity to choose and meet the couple that will adopt your baby.
- Housing assistance. We can pay a deposit and several months of rent.
- Complete counseling services by compassionate and experienced professionals to assist you in planning for your future and that of your baby.
- Medical care. If you do not already have a doctor, we will help you find a doctor who understands your emotional and physical needs. The full services of a hospital with a supportive staff will be there for you at the time of delivery. Adoptions With Love will cover any uninsured medical expenses when you complete the adoption.
- Legal assistance provided by experienced lawyers who specialize in adoption. Making sure that the rights of all those involved in the adoption process are respected and upheld is our utmost priority.
- Ongoing contact through pictures and letters from the adoptive family of your child over the years. These letters and pictures are always available to you if and when you want them. You are also welcome to send letters, pictures or gifts to the child and the adoptive family. You can design an adoption plan to have ongoing face-to-face meetings with your adoptive family or maintain contact through the agency. The choices are yours.
All-Inclusive Services for Adoptive Parents
The decision to adopt a baby can also be an exciting overwhelming one. If you are looking to grow your family through adoption, you may be anxious to know just how much it will cost. There is no such thing as a “free adoption agency” for adoptive parents. Even with foster care adoption there are some fees families must pay to ensure the home study and legal services are carried out properly. The truth is: the cost of adopting a child will depend on the type of adoption you choose and the agency you choose to use for the process.
Today, hopeful adoptive parents can choose between domestic adoption, international adoption, foster care adoption, or private adoption. Each path will vary in its fees, requirements, process and experience.
When it comes to private adoption agencies, there are two common cost structures. Some agencies offer one flat fee to cover everything involved with the adoption, while others work with ad-hoc fees which depend on the services needed.
Adoptions With Love offers one flat, all-inclusive fee to cover everything needed with the adoption services, such as:
- A complete home study (a requirement in Massachusetts).
- A comprehensive matching process with expectant/birth parents.
- Full legal services, including termination of parental father’s rights.
- ICPC and adoption finalization services.
- Pre-adoptive educational seminars to prepare for your baby’s arrival.
- Post-adoption education and counseling for you and your child.
- Post-placement letter and picture program for years after the adoption.
A private, full-service adoption agency like Adoptions With Love also puts the adoption payment towards any necessary prenatal and postpartum costs for the birth mother. This includes:
- Financial assistance as needed.
- Counseling services.
- Medical care.
- Legal representation.
Adoptions With Love pays for all expenses for the expectant mother prior to birth. If a birth mother changes her mind about the adoption plan, the prospective adoptive family will not lose any money, as they do not pay their placement fee until an irrevocable consent to the adoption has been signed. Adoptions With Love is committed to working with adoptive parents until they have their baby, and for the many years following the adoption.
If you would like to learn even more about the costs of adoption or the journey itself, contact Adoptions With Love. Reach out to us any time of day, any day of the week. Call us at 800-722-7731, text us confidentially at 617-777-0072, or contact us online.