The Reality Check-List
Perhaps the most important thing to know about facing an unplanned pregnancy is that you have choices.
In this moment, you may be asking yourself, “Should I place my baby for adoption or parent my child?” As you contemplate your options, you may find yourself coming back to the same question: “Am I making the right choice?”
Ultimately, the answer depends on you. Take a look at where you are in your life at this time, evaluate what your goals are, and what your hopes are for your baby. By doing this, you can begin to understand what choice is right for you. No one else can make this decision for you, but there are people to help you along the way.
At Adoptions With Love, we want you to make the most informed decision possible, and most importantly, the decision that provides the best long-term outcome for you and your baby. Only you know the answer, whether it is becoming a parent or making an adoption plan. We only hope that you do all of your research beforehand, talk with others about your options, and be honest with yourself as you contemplate this decision. Ask yourself:
- Are you financially able to raise a child for 18+ years?
- Is your home a stable and secure place to raise a child?
- Is the father currently involved in your life? Is he willing and able to provide financial support?
- Do you have friends and family who are available to help you care for this child?
- Are you willing to put your education and/or career on hold?
- Are you feeling pressured into a decision regarding your pregnancy?
You may decide you want to discuss your answers with a counselor or an adoption professional. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-722-7731. Amy, Nancy, Amelia, and Claudia are available at any time of day to answer your phone call. We can offer you more unplanned pregnancy help, discuss your options further, or help guide you through your next steps. No matter what you decide to do, we will support your choice.