Adoption is an act of love. It is a loving choice that a mother makes in the best interest of her child. Through adoption, she is able to give her baby a safe and loving home, and opportunities in life that she cannot give at the time.
Choosing to adopt a baby is also a decision made with love. It comes from a strong desire to become parents and love a child unconditionally. Whether you are an expectant mother, a birth mother, or an adoptive family, you know the important role that love plays in your adoption story.
As Valentine’s Day nears, Adoptions With Love wanted to share some adoption love quotes with you. Some are from celebrities who have been touched by adoption. Some are sweet, famous quotes to describe the loving act of adoption. We have rounded up these memorable (and shareable!) passages, to fill your heart this Valentine’s Day.
Celebrity Adoption Quotes
- “They’re as much my blood as I am theirs.” – Brad Pitt
This famous father welcomed three of his six children through adoption.
- “I have a lot of respect for my birth mother. I know she must have had a lot of love for me to want to give what she felt was a better chance.” – Faith Hill
The country singer has openly discussed that she was adopted just a few days after her birth.
- “Anyone who doesn’t have experience with adoption wonders, ‘Does love for a child come through DNA?’ I knew it didn’t.” – Katherine Heigl
The actress, whose older sister was adopted, always knew she wanted to adopt. Katherine and her famous singer husband, Josh Kelly, adopted their two daughters before welcoming their biological son.
- “My being adopted, it saved me — it literally saved my life… I was so loved. I’m so grateful to them.” – Jordan Fisher
The singer has opened up about his adoption story. His biological grandparents adopted him after his mother gave birth at age 16. Jordan has credited his parents for inspiring him to be a better person, and says his dream is to start a family someday.
More Adoption Love Quotes
- “Whether your children are yours through biology or adoption, they are yours through love.” — Sadia Rebecca Rodriguez
This quote captures the love felt from both birth parents and adoptive parents. Whether you are placing a child for adoption or you are adopting a child, you are motivated by love and forever tied to your child through an undying bond.
- “They may not have my eyes, they may not have my smile, but they have all my heart.” — Unknown
This is a beautiful quote for adoptive families who are asked about their child’s (or children’s) physical attributes. This is something that transracial families experience. It is important to remember is that family is not made from skin color, or hair texture, but from the deep emotional bond among each other.
- “I learned that you need not be born into a family to be loved by one.” — Lisa Wingate
- “To adopt a child is a great work of love. When it is done, much is given, but much is also received. It is a true exchange of gifts.” — Pope John Paul II
- “In the end we discover that to love and to let go can be the same thing.” – Jack Kornfield
This is a beautiful quote on the loving decision of a birth mother to place her child for adoption. Though it is a difficult decision, it is one of the most loving and thoughtful decisions a mother can make for her child, when she is not ready to parent.
- “Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone. But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn’t grow under my heart but in it.” — Fleur Conkling Heyliger
- “If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!” — Unknown
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
The great, late American poet left us with her beautiful, expressive words. Her description of the power of love is a perfect summary of the love that is required when making an adoption plan. Adoption, for a birth mother, is a decision that is based on hope, faith, and love. Adopting a child, likewise, is an act that is motivated by devotion, dedication, and never-ending love.
Spread the Love This Valentine’s Day
These are just a few of our favorite quotes to capture the love felt by birth parents and adoptive families. We hope these words have inspired you on this Valentine’s Day! Please do not hesitate to share these adoption love quotes with your family and friends.
If you would like to learn more about adoption, do not hesitate to reach out to Adoptions With Love. Call us any time of day, any day of the week by calling 800-722-7731, text us confidentially at 617-777-0072, or contact us online.