Florida Open Adoption Agency
Learn about open adoption in Florida.
Adoptions With Love is a private, full-service, non-profit organization facilitating all adoptions. We work with expectant/birth parents across the country. Expectant/birth parents have complete control when it comes to choosing their child’s adoptive parents and the type of adoption plan they desire – open, semi-open, or closed adoption. Adoption is a deeply personal choice, made with love and consideration. Only you can make the decisions surrounding your adoption plan. However, you will have support and guidance along the way.
Many expectant/birth parents choose open adoption to stay in touch with their child over the years. Some make an open adoption plan to choose and meet with the adoptive parents. Every adoption plan is unique, and there are varying levels of openness you can have in your adoption arrangement.
If you live in Florida and are considering placing your baby for adoption, it is important to find a dedicated, caring, experienced team of adoption professionals. Adoptions With Love has a wide network of adoption counselors and attorneys across Florida, each of whom has a comprehensive understanding of open adoption. Expectant/birth mothers considering open adoption in Florida can rely on our knowledge of the open adoption options and requirements in the state. These professionals will travel to see you in person – no matter where you are – to help you make an open adoption plan that meets your needs and desires.
Open Adoption Considerations
Open adoption means that expectant/birth parents have a relationship with the adoptive family. There is no single definition of what that relationship is or should be. Some open adoption relationships involve regular phone calls and emails. Others involve annual letter exchanges. When it comes to making an open adoption plan for your baby, your comfort level matters most.
There are some misconceptions about open adoption. Here is the truth about open adoption, to help you get an understanding of what it means to choose this type of plan:
- Open adoption allows birth parents to see that their child is growing up well-cared for, in a family that loves them.
- Open adoption creates the opportunity for birth parents to form – and maintain – a relationship with their child and their family for a lifetime.
- Open adoption is not “co-parenting” of a child. You cannot take your child for a weekend or holiday.
- Open adoption is not confusing for a child, as long as there is proper dialogue from the start and throughout the child’s life.
- Open adoption opens the door for a child to ask birth parents questions about their background – and adoption – directly. This has many benefits for the child.
- Everyone in an open adoption arrangement can benefit in some way from the openness. You can learn about the benefits of open adoption here.
Information about Open Adoption in Florida
In Florida, expectant/birth parents have the option to choose open adoption when they work with an open adoption agency. An open adoption agency supports all types of adoption plans and will allow you to create a personalized plan in the best interests of you and your baby.
Adoptions With Love provides personalized and compassionate adoption services from coast to coast in Florida. Our licensed adoption attorneys help guide expectant/birth mothers throughout the adoption process, to ensure every adoption is completely safe and legal. They will keep you informed, answer any questions you may have, and handle all of the necessary steps and paperwork that is involved with placing your baby for adoption in Florida.
Our compassionate counselors serve the entire state of Florida, as well. Each professional is thoroughly trained and experienced in helping expectant/birth mothers cope with the many emotions that arise throughout the adoption journey. They will carefully listen to your wishes and fears, understand your needs, and work tirelessly to ensure you have the most positive adoption plan for your child.
Florida Open Adoption Services
It is important to choose a Florida adoption agency that not only supports open adoptions, but also that supports you before and after birth. Adoption, particularly open adoption, is an emotional decision, and you should always feel supported throughout the process.
At Adoptions With Love, there is never any charge to expectant/birth mothers for any of the professional services offered at Adoptions With Love. In addition, Adoptions With Love offers financial support for expectant/birth mothers as they face maternity-related expenses.
Making the decision to work with Adoptions With Love offers many benefits, such as:
- We pre-screen all prospective adoptive families. All hopeful families go through a thorough background check and home study process, which involves visits to ensure their home is safe and stable, and several interviews to ensure they are ready to raise and love a child.
- You have the power to choose. Through open adoption, you can decide on the right adoptive family for your child. Adoptions With Love will send you profiles and family photo albums of hopeful families that meet your needs. You can learn about their background, their love story, their wishes and plans for their future child. Our knowledgeable staff can answer any additional questions you may have about the family you choose. If you wish, you and the birth father can meet with the family during your pregnancy and stay connected with them after birth, through open adoption.
- Design an adoption plan that works for you. In Florida, you have many options when working with an open adoption agency. You have the power to custom-build an adoption plan with which you are comfortable. For some birth mothers, this might entail frequent email or phone conversations, or hand-written notes and photos once or several times a year. Whether you decide you would like an open or semi-open adoption plan, your tailor-made plan will cater to your needs. You will have a caring and devoted counselor working with you every step of the way to ensure it is the right plan for you. You are also not tied to the type of adoption you choose forever. If you do decide on a closed adoption, you may be able to open it later – whether it is three months or three years after the adoption is complete. This flexibility gives many of our birth parents peace of mind during a particularly challenging time. It is important that you have confidence and a sense of security with your decision on adoption and know that this path is not a forever “goodbye.”
- A sense of family. While every adoption is unique, many adoptive families today typically stay connected with their child’s birth parents. Just because you have placed your child for adoption, it does not mean that you are “giving up.” On the contrary, adoption is anything but giving up. It is a brave and selfless decision to give your child a great life, one that is filled with love and an even bigger network of family. Many birth mothers feel like they have doubled their family size, not only because of their child’s adoptive family, but because of the contact they continue with Adoptions With Love. After designing your adoption plan, you are a part of our family, too.
- Free counseling and legal services from adoption professionals are available to all our expectant/birth parents. We understand that adoption is a complicated journey. We will guide you through this emotional process and be there for you when you need it most. After birth, the support does not disappear. Our counseling services continue long after the adoption, if you want them.
- Assistance with medical, living, and other maternity-related expenses. You deserve to feel comfortable and supported through this process. Adoptions With Love can help you cover the costs of food, uninsured medical bills, utilities, months of rent, and maternity clothes, so that you can focus on your mental, emotional, and physical health. Learn more here.
Open Your Heart to Open Adoption
Open adoption has many benefits for birth mothers, children, and adoptive families. If you live in Florida and would like to learn more about open adoption, Adoptions With Love can help. Call us any time, for advice, questions, and guidance at 800-722-7731. We can work with you on your Florida open adoption – or closed, if you wish – whether you are pregnant or you have already given birth.
According to Florida law, an attorney can execute an adoption consent at the hospital; Adoptions With Love will send an attorney right to your room to get the paperwork started for your open adoption.
Adoption is a journey, and it is one that you should not face alone. Adoptions With Love has been helping expectant/birth parents in Florida for over 35 years. Choose a reputable, professional agency with a solid track record that you can trust to assist you. Contact us by phone 617-964-4357, by text at 617-777-0072, or contact us online.
We look forward to helping you with your Florida open adoption.