Facing an unplanned pregnancy is one of the most difficult and confusing times of any expectant parent’s life, especially when it happens at a young age. Perhaps that is why you are reading this.
You may be here because you recently discovered you are pregnant. Or, you may have been hiding your pregnancy for some time and are now looking for help. No matter your situation, you likely have a million and one questions running through your head at this time: What am I going to do? Why did this happen to me? You probably feel like the only teenager or young woman in the world who is in this situation.
We want you to know that you are not alone. If you are pregnant and are unsure if you are ready to become a parent, know that there is help for you. You will never have to handle this all on your own. Whether you are age 15 or age 23, you deserve every ounce of teen pregnancy support available.
As a full-service, non-profit adoption agency, Adoptions With Love can give that very support to you. Over the last thirty years, we have worked with many teenagers confronted with an unplanned pregnancy. We have witnessed and guided expectant teens through the challenges that are a part of the journey. We understand just what you are going through, and that you may need someone to lean on or talk to about your options. We are here to give you professional and supportive counseling, legal guidance, medical care, and financial assistance AT NO COST TO YOU.
Adoptions With Love provides the following confidential, free services to pregnant teens and young women considering adoption:
- Complete Counseling Services – Unintended pregnancies can cause many emotions and questions to build up. Whether you are feeling sad, scared, confused, or alone – know that these are all normal feelings to have, and it can help to sort through them with someone you trust. As a teen considering your options, you deserve guidance, answers, and education free of pressure. Adoptions With Love’s team of compassionate and experienced professionals can listen and guide you through this time. If you are considering adoption, know that we will extend a hand to you long after your baby is placed in a loving adoptive home. We do not disappear. You can always stay in touch with us.
- Housing Assistance – At this time, you may be living with your parents and are scared to tell them the truth about your pregnancy. Or, you may be living in a college dorm and do not have a secure home to raise a child at this time. Perhaps you recently moved out of your family or ex’s home and do not have a stable place to live. No matter your situation, you can always call Adoptions With Love. We want to ensure you and your baby are comfortable and safe throughout your pregnancy, and can pay a deposit and several months of rent if you need.
- Financial Assistance – At your age, it can be tough to find a well-paying job, let alone balance a part-time job with school and other priorities. If you are considering adoption and need help with pregnancy-related expenses, Adoptions With Love can help. We can pay for your phone bill, utilities, maternity clothing, transportation to appointments, and more as it is needed.
- Quality Medical Care – As soon as you find out you are pregnant, it is important to visit your doctor or a healthcare clinic. A medical provider can confirm your pregnancy and make sure that you receive proper prenatal care. Prenatal care will help keep you and your baby healthy while you think about your options. If you do not already have a doctor, Adoptions With Love can help you find a quality doctor who understands your emotional and physical needs. We will also cover any uninsured medical expenses if and when you complete an adoption.
- Legal Assistance – You may have been wondering what your rights are as a pregnant minor. You may not know the legal considerations involved with your pregnancy, your choice, or even your baby’s father. Adoptions With Love works with a team of compassionate, experienced lawyers who specialize in adoption laws and birth mother rights. If you would like, they can guide you through the adoption process at absolutely no cost to you.
- Designing Your Adoption Plan — After talking to us about your options and deciding on the best choice for you and your baby, you will have the option to make an adoption plan. If you would like, we can help you design and personalize an adoption plan that meets all of your wishes and needs. At Adoptions With Love, you will always have the option to select and meet an adoptive family for your child. If you choose adoption, you will also have the option to keep in touch with your child and his or her adoptive family over the years – through letters, pictures, email, phone calls, or even in-person visits. This is called an open adoption. These choices are yours – we will be here to offer guidance and support as you make them.
Our goal at Adoptions With Love is to help you navigate your unplanned pregnancy and design an adoption plan that will give you peace of mind. Our caring and compassionate staff are always available to offer you full and completely confidential teen pregnancy support. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.
You may call us at 1-800-722-7731 or text us confidentially at 1-617-777-0072. For more guidance on young and unplanned pregnancy, download our free “Guide to Teen Pregnancy” below.