The Adoption Process
Where do we begin?
Adoptions With Love has a very successful record of helping pre-adoptive parents in Massachusetts reach their goal of adopting a child. You can trust our professional, individualized approach working together, helping you build your family. We have successfully placed over 2,500 children. In fact, Adoptions With Love places more babies for adoption in Massachusetts than any other local, private adoption agency. We are here for you. Let’s get started!
- For Massachusetts residents looking to get started, call Adoptions With Love at 617-964-4357 or contact us here. We will send you our information package for your review.
- When you are ready, call to set up a private consultation with one of our experienced social workers at no charge.
- Complete your application, including all supporting documents, and send it to Adoptions With Love, Inc.
Once we receive your application, you will be contacted within two to three weeks by your social worker. Your first meeting of the home-study process will be scheduled.
- The home-study process allows us to get to know you and what you have been through before coming to Adoptions With Love, Inc. It is also a way for you to get to know us. This is a time to learn more about how our compassionate adoption program works. By learning more about you we can assist in matching you with our expectant/birth parents who are looking for you, too!
- We will assist you in designing your family album and letters. This is the tool we use to help expectant/birth parents learn more about you. Our album/letter portfolios stand out to the expectant/birth parents, who often remark how they found the perfect family just by reading their book. This gives the expectant/birth parents great peace of mind.
- We will also help you create a video to share your story with expectant/birth parents.
- You will join other prospective adoptive parents in two group sessions and a baby care preparation class. These groups provide support and additional information about the adoption process in Massachusetts, meetings with expectant/birth parents, traveling to pick up your child, and talking with family, friends, and your child about adoption. Many families have unexpectedly found lifelong friends in these sessions.
After you have adopted your child, we will coordinate and send the ICPC (Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children), continue all post-placement meetings, and finalize your adoption with our attorney. Adoptions With Love, Inc. is a full service, non-profit, domestic adoption agency.
We look forward to helping you create or expand your family through adoption!